Looking to sync your activity from your phone or other fitness tracker to the Kid Power app? Awesome! If your Activity Tracker can link to either Apple Health app or Google Fit (depending on your mobile platform) you can sync it to UNICEF Kid Power! Follow these steps to make your steps count!
Once you've connected your fitness tracker to either Health or Fit:
- Download the UNICEF Kid Power app from iTunes or Google Play Store
- To create an account, tap the ‘Create Account’ button. This takes you to the "Register" page.
- On the Register page:
- Enter the email address you want to use with your Kid Power Account.
- Set a password.
- Select your birth year.
- Hit that Big 'Ol create button!
- Choose your Avatar
- Pick a username (it has to be available; if someone else already has that name, you'll get a message letting you know that name isn't available.)
- Follow the in-app getting started tutorial through using your starting engergy, opening your first Treasure Chest, and finally tap on the "connect a tracker" button.
- Choose to count your steps with either:
(IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure to allow Kid Power access to all data including Active Energy, Exercise Minutes and Steps)
- Apple Health app
- Or Google Fit
Please note that because of the way the background connection between the Kid Power App and Google Fit works, it is recommended that you launch the Kid Power App immediately prior to any specific physical exercise (walk, run, etc.) to ensure that the connection is "live" and the activity is counted.
8. You're all set--have fun!