Globally, 16 million children suffer from severe acute malnutrition (2015 UNICEF-WHO Joint Estimates). Due to funding, political commitment and capacity challenges in many different country contexts, only 3.21 million children with severe acute malnutrition are reached with lifesaving therapeutic food packets and care (of which UNICEF supports 3.05). UNICEF Kid Power’s immediate focus is to eliminate the funding gap, which is one key factor in preventing the delivery of therapeutic food packets to every child who needs it.
Articles in this section
- What impact has UNICEF Kid Power had to date?
- Why is UNICEF Kid Power focused on ending global malnutrition?
- What is Severe Acute Malnutrition?
- What are therapeutic food packets?
- Where will UNICEF deliver the therapeutic food packets unlocked?
- Why is UNICEF Kid Power focused on increasing kids’ physical activity?
- How is a Kid Power Point measured?
- How many Kid Power Points does it take to unlock a therapeutic food packet?
- How are Kid Power Points converted to therapeutic food packets?
- Where does funding to convert points to therapeutic food packets come from?