If you are participating with Kid power Bands, here’s what you can expect from your UNICEF Kid Power Journey throughout this school year:
- Login or create an account in the Kid Power Dashboard. (Make sure you bookmark the Dashboard - it will be your go-to stop for up-to-date reports on your team’s progress, educational resources and more!)
- Once you've created your team, select Admin/Roster on the left side menu. Then set up your student profiles. Students can personalize their profile by selecting a unique avatar in the app (next step below).
- Download the Kid Power App*! Log in using the email and password you created in the Dashboard.
- Charge the Bands once you get them. Each Band comes with a USB charger, which kids can take home to charge. We recommend charging the Kid Power Band at least once a week for 1-2 hours. A battery icon will appear on the clock screen when the battery is low. Your package includes a charging brick with 10 USB ports to help during this on-boarding process and real-time charging needs later on.
- Link the Kid Power Bands! Once the Bands are charged, it will take about 10 minutes to link the Bands to each student profile. Open the app on your device and click on the "Educator Login". Log in with the password you created for the Dashboard and follow the instructions for step-by-step guidance.
WEEK 3 & BEYOND:
- Sync your Bands weekly! Each step your students take with their Kid Power Bands will go toward the collective 25,000 steps your team needs to unlock 1 ready-to-use therapeutic food packet (RUTF). These RUTF packets will be delivered to severely malnourished children around the world. It may seem like a lot of steps, but they add up quickly!
- Join our online community on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for pro user tips, inspiration, and strategies for incorporating global education into your lesson plans.
*The UNICEF Kid Power app is compatible with both Android and iOS products. We recommend downloading the app to a classroom tablet or personal device, since the app is required only for syncing. The rest of your Kid Power experience will happen in the Dashboard, accessible to you from any computer: kpop.ukp.io. Questions? Open a new support request.