When students participate in Kid Power, they become empowered with the knowledge, skills and awareness to make a difference in the world. Connected to the principles of whole-child and social-emotional learning, the UNICEF Kid Power journey leads students to realize the power they have to make a difference in this world, and that their everyday activity can save lives.
There are four stages to the complete UNICEF Kid Power journey:
- MOVE: Students get active, and as they move, they unlock lifesaving nutrition that UNICEF delivers to severely malnourished children.
- With free Kid Power Ups, kids can unlock lifesaving packets by dancing and moving to the music. When kids wear the Kid Power Band, they can unlock even more lifesaving nutrition with every step they take.
- LEARN: Students learn about the world around them. Our free educational resources allow teachers to bring global education into their classroom, while promoting development of 21st century skills and social-emotional learning through goal-oriented activities and lessons.
- EARN: When students complete activities, they earn Kid Power Points to make even more real-world impact
- GIVE: Students direct their points to support the causes that matter most to them in their community.
We encourage educators to participate in all four stages of the UNICEF Kid Power journey to give students the most empowering experience; however, it’s not a requirement. For example, some classrooms might participate in “Move” only by doing Kid Power Ups. Other classrooms might go a couple steps beyond and take part in the “Learn,” “Earn” and “Give” stages by completing Missions in our educational resources, earning Kid Power Points, and directing those points to local community causes. Do what is best for your classroom!