Tablets that were provided to teachers from previous years' participation will need to be updated with a new UNICEF Kid Power app; the app that is currently on your tablet is outdated.
If you are using an Android tablet you received from us from previous participation with UNICEF Kid Power, please follow the steps below to get you set up for success this year.
- Go to home screen and long hold on the already downloaded Kid Power app. Drag up to remove.
- Swipe right to the main app page. Long hold on Kid Power app. Drag up to uninstall.
- Open Settings
- Tap on Accounts > Users & Accounts > Google
- You'll see firstname.lastname@example.org. Click the three horizontal dots in the top right corner. Then click "Remove account". Just in case you need it, the password for that account is "getActive" (note the capitalization).
- Open Google Play store
- Follow the prompts to add your own account
- Search for UNICEF Kid Power and install app.
If you cannot find the UNICEF Kid Power app in your Google Play Store app, your Google Play Store app may be outdated. (The outdated app icon looks like a sideways triangle in a shopping bag.) Follow the steps below to update your Google Play Store app.
- Tap open the Google Play Store app. Tap the menu on the left side (may look like three horizontal lines) and click on Settings.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the list where you will find a "Build Number" entry - tap on it to manually update Google Play Store app. If a new version is available, you’ll see a pop up window that says: A new version of Google Play Store will be downloaded and installed.
- The app will update in the background and may take a minute or two.
- After a minute or two, confirm the app is updated: go to your tablet home screen (by clicking on the home/circle icon at the bottom of the tablet screen). You should see the Google Play Store app icon change to a sideways triangle.
- Once the Google Play app is updated, search for UNICEF Kid Power and install app.